What is the Canadian CISEC On-Line Training Program?
CISEC, Inc. and IECA have teamed together to develop a CAN-CISEC Inspector On-Line Training Program that emulates the existing In-Person program. Now, the nationwide CAN-CISEC Training Modules for inspectors of sediment and erosion control and storm water management are available anytime and anywhere through IECA.
What Material is in the On-Line Program?
The CAN-CISEC, Inc. On-Line Program material is the same as what is presented with our In-Person Program. Specifically, the training modules cover the following topics:
Module 1: Introduction, Regulations and compliance
- Due Diligence
- Regulatory Requirements: Federal
- Environmental Protection
- Legal Liability
Module 2: Background Material
- Topographic Assessments
- A Primer on Hydrology
- Information about Polymer Systems
- Critical Inspector Background Requirements
- SWPPPs and BMPs
- Recognizing limitations
- CISEC Code of Ethics
- Understanding a SWPPP
- Understanding S&EC Drawings
Module 3: Inspecting BMPs
- Understanding the Phases of Construction
- Conducting, Writing, and Assessing Inspection Reports
- Inspecting Construction Site BMPs
- Types and methods
- Check structures
- Inlet and area drain structures
- Turbidity structures
- Sediment Containment Systems
- Stabilized construction entrances
- Erosion control practices
- Structural methods
- RECPs, ECBs, and TRMs
- Polymer systems
- Wind/Dust control methods
- Concrete washouts
- Hazardous and waste materials
Module 4: Conducting Inspections
- Inspection Requirements and Responsibilities
- Report Requirements
- BMP Maintenance
- Working with Contractors and Clients
- Virtual Inspection of a Construction Site
- Scenario No. 1: During grading conditions
- Scenario No. 2: During construction conditions
It is now feasible to take the CAN-CISEC intermediate level training modules at home, office, trailer, or in your favorite coffee shop. The On-Line program allows you to skip sections, select specific topics, stop and return to the presentation at a later time, or review selective material to enhance your background. In other words, you control the learning pace of the training modules to prepare for the CAN-CISEC Certification examination while minimizing your costs.
What are the Costs for the Modules?
There are two ways you can purchase the CISEC, Inc. On-Line training program material. You can either purchase the modules individually or all four at the following costs:
- Module 1 (two parts): IECA Member: CDN$80, Non-Member: CDN$85
- Module 2 (one part): IECA Member: CDN$80, Non-Member: CDN$85
- Module 3 (three parts): IECA Member: CDN$240, Non-Member: CDN$255
- Module 4 (two parts): IECA Member: CDN$160, Non-Member: CDN$175
- Modules 1, 2, 3, & 4: Member: CDN$450, Non-Member: CDN$475
Enrollment into the CAN-CISEC On-Line training modules is a simple task by going to https://ehub.ieca.org/CISEC and following the easy instructions.
Will the CAN-CISEC Certification Exam be offered On-Line?
Registration for examinations will occur through the IECA EHub. Submittal of application and references (Full Examination and IT, Level 2) will be completed via the EHub as well. Once approval by CISEC, Inc. to take the examination occurs, a link will be emailed for use the day of the examination. Additional instructions will be included.
How can one take the CAN-CISEC Certification Examination after Completing the On-Line Training Program?
Soon after registering for the On-Line training modules, you should submit an application for CISEC, Inc. to evaluate your qualifications to sit for the exam.