What Qualifies for Continuing Education Hours (CDHs)/Professional Development Hours (PDHs)?
Inspection Related Activities:
Completing construction site inspection related activities can count up to 8 hours CDHs/PDHs.
- Inspection: 20 to 40 hours/year = 2 hours CDH/PDH
- Inspection: 41 to 100 hours/year = 4 hours CDH/PDH
- Inspection: 101 to 180 hours/year = 6 hours CDH/PDH
- Inspection: More than 180 hours/year = 8 CDH/PDH
Volunteer Related Activities:
Volunteer activities that involve the environment can count up to 6 hours CDHs/PDHs.
Examples of volunteer activities can include proctoring the CISEC, Inc. examinations (requires approval), trash clean-up, planting of trees (or other vegetation), trail rehabilitation, serving on CISEC, Inc. committees, etc.
If you are unsure if an activity applies, please contact us: [email protected].
Attendance at Professional Forums:
Attending professional forms (e.g., IECA, StormCon, APWA, TRIECA, EPA Conferences, Landscape Expo, etc.) can count up to 8 hours CDHs/PDHs.
This includes visiting Expo Halls and attending educational papers/demonstrations during those conferences.
Attendance at Educational Forums:
Attending educational forms (e.g., classroom training, in-house training, tail-gate sessions, lunch and learn, etc.) can count up to 8 hours CDHs/PDHs.
This can include trainings hosted by your company, cities, counties, etc.
Some places you can go to obtain educational CDHs/PDHs online are:
- International Erosion Control Association: ieca.org
- Forester University: foresteruniversity.com/content/Default.aspx
Presenting or Publishing Technical Papers:
Presenting or publishing a technical document can count up to 2 hours CDHs/PDHs.
This can include short articles for environmental magazines, newsletters, on-line publications, etc. It can also include presenting environmentally related topics to groups.
CISEC, Inc. recognizes that not all activities will fall into one of the above categories and have created an additional category. Items that fall into this category can count up to 8 hours CDHs/PDHs.
Examples can include:
- Taught Environmental Classes (this is more involved than presenting a short paper).
- Perform Water Quality Monitoring (maximum of 3 CDHs/PDHs)
- Other items will require approval by CISEC, Inc. Please contact us to discuss at [email protected]
Please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] with any questions you may have.
Note: 1 CDH/PDH = 0.1 CEU