All CAN-CISEC Registrants must submit an annual renewal payment, at least 12 CDHs, and a Re-Certification Contract by September 30th of each year.
All CAN-CISEC registrants having a 3-year contract have the option to continue until 2018 to fulfill that obligation as specified in their contract. Once a 3-year contract has expired, CAN-CISEC registrants will use the guidelines listed below.
You are required to accumulate a minimum of 12 continuing development hours (CDHs) each contract year. Contracts will not be renewed if you do not meet the CDH requirements and are not current with your renewal fees.
The 12 CDHs per renewal period can be obtained from a variety of options including:
- Up to 8 hours by completing sediment and erosion control and/or storm water inspection related activities.
- Up to 6 hours by volunteering for activities associated with environmental endeavors (to be approved by CISEC, Inc.).
- Up to 8 hours of professional environmental related forums.
- Up to 8 hours by registering and attending environmental related classes and training.
- Up to 2 hours by presenting and/or publishing one or more technical papers or moderating a professional forum panel on environmental topics.
- Up to 8 hours in the "Other" category with items reviewed by CISEC, Inc. to determine if they are applicable.
Note: Dates that you are claiming CDHs for will count only for the year such activities occurred. For example, your attendance at a conference during February 2009 will count towards CDHs for the October 1, 2008 through September 30, 2009 time period.
Renewals are submitted to TRCA (see above packet for information):
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
If a registrant needs an extension or will be late due to unforeseen circumstances, please inform CISEC, Inc. via letter, fax, e-mail, or phone of the situation and a onetime extension will be granted.
**Please make sure we have your most recent contact information for our files.