CAN-CISEC In-Training (IT) (Level 1) and Level 2 Programs
In order to foster the professional development of individuals having less than two years of construction site sediment and erosion control inspection experience or education to become a CAN-CISEC registrant, applicants can apply for the “In-Training” (IT) program to gain a CAN-CISEC-IT designation.
A CAN-CISEC-IT registrant is an individual recognized by CISEC, Inc. as working toward becoming a CAN-CISEC registrant. All CAN-CISEC-IT registrants are expected to work with other inspection professionals to gain “knowledge and field experience” associated with conducting sediment and erosion control and/or storm water management construction site inspection services.
Level 1 Registration:
To obtain a CAN-CISEC-IT registration status, applicants must complete the following:
- Submit the required registration form and non-refundable IT Level 1 fee. These forms can be found as part of the Application Packet found on the Canadian Training and Examination Menu.
- Attend the full (i.e., four) sessions of In-Person CAN-CISEC training modules.
- Pass with a weighted average score of 75% or better in the following parts of the CAN-CISEC Certification Examination:
a. Canadian Rules and Regulations
Upon passing the Level 1 examination, the registrant is granted a CAN-CISEC-IT designation. Registrants not passing the Level 1 examination can retake the test up to two additional times within 12 months.
Level 2 Application:
To petition for a CAN-CISEC registration status:
A CAN-CISEC-IT registrant has 4-years to gain the necessary inspection experience and/or education to submit a Level 2 application. A Level 2 application is a petition to CISEC, Inc. to change an applicant’s CAN-CISEC-IT designation to an official CAN-CISEC designation by completing the following:
- Submitting an application form that includes verifiable documentation of:
a. Two-years inspection experience and
b. One or more classes or training sessions in topics that are related to construction site inspection, design, review, installation, and/or maintenance that have been completed within the last four years.
- Pay an Level 2 non-refundable application review fee.
- Upon approval by CISEC, Inc., sit for, and pass with a weighted average score of 75% or better, the following parts of the CAN-CISEC Certification Examination:
a. Inspector Duties
b. Fill in the Blanks
c. Inspecting Construction Site BMPs (Photographs)
d. Assessing an Erosion and Sediment Control Narrative and Plan
Upon passing the Level 2 examination, the applicant is granted a CAN-CISEC designation. Applicants not passing the Level 2 examination can retake the test two additional times within 12 months.
To maintain their designation status with CISEC, Inc., all CAN-CISEC-IT registrants are expected to pay the same annual (and if applicable, late and reinstatement) fees as required of CAN-CISEC registrants.
Requirements for the CAN-CISEC-IT program are subject to periodic changes by CISEC, Inc.